The purpose of John Brown Elementary is to instill a positive attitude toward life-long learning by nurturing, guiding, and inspiring our students to meet the challenges of our changing world.
The following beliefs are powerful components of the quality and productivity of the instructional programs at John Brown Elementary School:
- All students can learn and succeed.
- The family is a student's most important influence.
- It is essential that students start school ready to learn.
- Communication, cooperation and participation between home and school are essential for student success.
- Our school provides a safe environment that enhances student learning.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Students learn in different ways and will be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Awareness of cultural diversity can increase students' understanding of different people and cultures.
- Students will be educated with a common set of values reflecting the respect of self, others and property.
- Our commitment to continuous improvement will enable students to become confident and self-directed life-long learners.